Monday, June 15, 2009

How Do You Live In The Present Without Worrying About the Future

Does anyone have the answer to the above question? I no longer worry about the past. It doesn't matter and I can't change it now. I've made people mad, ticked them off, and ruined friendships because I speak my mind. Which is not a bad thing to speak your mind, but I guess you have to learn to do so tactfully, and I've been told many times, I lack that skill. But seriously, how do you live in the present and not worry or think about the future and how the decisions you make today are going to affect your future? I've been pondering this a lot lately. I sometimes visit a really dark place when I do, but I'm fighting to stay away from there. I know that I am not alone, and that God is here with me and is protecting me, and guiding me...but I crave His attention. I want as my sister says, "A burning bush" to tell me what I should be doing.... God Please just help me with the decisions that have to be made and what and where I should be.. L

1 comment:

  1. You should not worry. The decisions you make today, should be carefully prayed over and if you are in the will of God, there is no reason to worry. If a decision needs to be made quickly, and that is absolutely necessary, then use your best judgement. Give it to God. He will make the most of your decision. Even if it is a wrong decision. The more time you spend in the Word, the easier your decisions can be made. Or if not easier, at least, a little more confident knowing you are in God's will.

    ReplyDelete