Monday, June 8, 2009

Being Simplified

Do you ever feel the need to have everything as simple as possible? I do. Not just tasks that need to be done, but my whole life. I know it is hard work, but I want simple. I want a small garden, a few farm animals, and place to grow old with my husband. I don't care about some big fancy house, or the newest automobile that is out. Now, I would still need a computer to write and blog, and I'm not talking about living without electricity or running water, but trying to live off the land as much as possible. Everyone talks about going green, well that is what I want. I want the least bit of civilization that I have to have, running water, electricity (but want solar energy as soon as possible), well water, and central heat and air is not a necessity year round any longer. I've learned that I only need the air on in the summer at the hottest time, and at night after about June or July. Heat, well I do stay cold all the time, but a fireplace would be okay. My husband laughs at me when I talk about getting simplified. However, he knows that I would be okay, messing with the animals, except gathering eggs (that would be his job), but feeding and cleaning is not a big deal. Now, I'd have to learn not to get attached to any babies, on the off chance that a calf or pig or goat might be dinner when it was old enough, but I think I could do that.. Anyway, that is just something that I have been thinking about and trying to plan how to get there. We are still trying to decide where and when we will find a new place to live. So right now it is just plans, and we are staying here with my daughter until we make some decisions. Hope you have a wonderfully blessed day, Remember God hears us, even when we think He doesn't.

1 comment:

  1. God knows where your supposed to be all the time and he already has it planned. You see your simple is just what I have been planning for almost 10 years now (even my motto says so) but it will be a place for many families in need to be simple without having to worry about whether they can pay for it or not. We will be a last days refuge for others I know that in my heart and it will take all families pulling together to survive until the Lord comes to make our new home and then it will be simple again in his world............Simple is the light! Just follow it and listen to your heart.........

    ReplyDelete