Wednesday, June 17, 2009

White Coat Syndrome

Do you know what White Coat Syndrome is? We had never heard the term until we visited the doctor a couple of weeks back. My husband's blood pressure gets even higher when we have to go to the doctor. Our doctor said it is called "White Coat Syndrome". It is the stress that can cause your blood pressure to go up, just by the thought of having to visit the doctor. I found it extremely interesting. Dr. Garrett advised us to get a blood pressure monitor(thanks Ann,Mom, and Dad) so that we can monitor my husband's blood pressure. On our next visit to Dr. Garrett, we have to carry the blood pressure machine to make sure it is calibrated correctly. Anyway, just took mine today and I have very low blood pressure, but today, I'm extremely stressed with the visit to the neurologist. Anyway, my blood pressure was 101/64. Mine usually runs about 116/62. So to say it is low today, is an understatment. If I wasn't stressed, not sure what it would have read. I will just be happy when today's visit is over. May God smile upon you today and may He bless you and your family. L

No comments:

Post a Comment