Saturday, June 20, 2009

Defeating The Devil

All my life I've been taught to stand up for what I believe in and for myself. That has always meant to me, to fight. If someone says something bad about you or someone close to you, take a stand and fight back. Someone wise just pointed out to me that I'm letting the devil win. Every time, I respond back against "my so called enemies", I'm letting the devil rob me of my christian values, and I'm helping the devil to destroy. That is not what I have ever intended to do. It hurts when someone that is suppose to be close and be your friend, says something bad about you, your spouse, your children or some one else in your immediate family. I apologize from the bottom of my heart and hope that anyone that I have offended or hurt by my retaliation remarks will forgive me. I will be praying for God's forgiveness as well.

Mark 11:25 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.

I try to stay in the word of God, but I lose that battle more than I win. In the last month, I have discovered that the only thing that matters is what is in my heart that God sees, not what others think or feel about me. May God Bless you all. With all my heart, L

2 comments: