Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Special Friend

I have many female friends that I talk to every now and then.  I have a couple that I stay in close contact with and even though we might not talk on the phone for weeks, or months, it is always like we just saw each other  and have great conversations. 

One of my friends, whom I have known for many years now, sent me an email today and it was just what I needed.  She is a very sweet, special lady, and always has a kind word and is ready to pray for me or anyone else whenever it is needed.

We are not of the same religious beliefs but that has never been a problem for us.  We talk about our religion and I try to understand hers, and she understands mine.  I'm never afraid to talk to her about Jesus or God. 

We worked together for years and she has always been there in time of family emergencies like when my grandfather was in and out of the hospital and passed away, when my grandmother died, and she was that at my dad's memorial service after he passed away. 

She came to my wedding shower, and my wedding and it meant a great deal to me.  She is someone I have lots of memories of and with, and we both shared a special place for Mexican food when we worked in Las Colinas.

So This is a special blog for my very special friend, "Betty Cookie Kabakoff".

Thanks! 
Love ya,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment