Saturday, January 29, 2011

Just a Little Catch Up

I took Friday, January 28th off as it was my daughter's 25th birthday and we spent most of the day together.  It was fun!  It has been a long time since I've had a girl's day and it was much enjoyed.  We ate lunch at Chili's (so yes I have to start my weight loss over) and we went to the movies and saw "The Rite" with Anthony Hopkins.  All and all it was a good day. 

Also on Friday morning I did a little research on schools that offer accounting degrees online.  Why? Well I took an aptitude test on Thursday and it said that I should be an accountant.  Which as I think about it, I took it for two years in high school and it was something I truly enjoyed.  I do like numbers.  So I found a few schools, but the top one listed was Bryant & Stratton.  So I requested admissions info and received a call within an hour. 

I received everything I need by email to apply, request transcripts, get financial aid, and I have to complete a short essay.  The fear of doing something and completing it, and changing my career or what was my career for 24 years is a little much.  The thought keeps going through my head, "Can I actually do this?"  If I do school full time, each semester is 15 weeks, divided in to two 7.5 week, and you only take two classes for each 7.5 week period.  I have to test in math and English to see where they will place me, but in 20 months I can have an accounting degree. 

Also this past week, I've decided to sell my car.  I walk to work, and we do have the truck so it's not like we won't have a vehicle.   It will just have to come home and be here for the weekends so I can run all errands.  This is really all very much a life changer in the works.  I also know that this is a change from being a teacher, but my sanity won out on that one.  I'm a good self-starter and it doesn't bother me to work alone, so being a bookkeeper or keeping books for a few small companies would not bother me. 

The cost is pretty steep as for as the degree, but if it is suppose to be, God will take care of it.  If it is not suppose to be, there will be obstacles that cannot be overcome.  So my journey starts by sending the paperwork back and I plan to do that on Monday after work. 

If we can make this all come together for the next few months, then life will definitely be better financially and we will be able to get some things done, including moving to be closer to my kids when the time comes.  I just need to stay focused and work at the church and do school.  I will be able to work at my own pace and I have one on one tutoring if i need it.  So friends, family and followers, please say a little prayer for us, me.  We always need prayers, but needing a little extra as we face this next challenge.

Have a God filled Weekend!
Love,
L

1 comment: