Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chaparral Airlines, Abilene, Texas August 1981 to December 1982

I graduated from Braniff Educations Systems, Inc in May of 1981.  It was a vocational school program that taught you about the reservation systems and travel systems in order to work in reservations for an airline or at a travel agency.  I was hired in August by Chaparral Airlines in 1981.  I moved to Abilene Texas and lived there until December of 1982.  I made many friends there and would love to reconnect after all this time. 

One of my friends was named Annette Buck.  We ran together along with Vicki Barker.  Vicki had a daughter that was about 4 or 5 then whose name was Jacqueline.  Another one of my friends was Linda Robinson who was originally from Missouri.  Mary Cotten was a flight attendant and we too spent a lot of time together doing girl stuff, going dancing, and drinking among other things.  Some of the others were Joni, Maryann, Donna, Minerva, Elvie, and one of our bosses was JoAnn Glenn.  Joann got married while I was still there and moved to Vega Texas.  I don't remember her married name or that of her husband.  I lived down the street from Dyess Airforce Based and dated a few of the guys there.

Some of the pilots were Rick Ruhlmann, Bill Davis, and Chuck Grant I think.  I don't remember many more of them.  So I guess what I'm doing with this post is hoping that some of them will see it through face book, or google, or through networked blogs and contact me. 

I also had a couple of friends that lived out there that was not involved in the airlines, but I was good friends with them.  Judy and Bill Murphy.  Now I know they were divorced, but not sure what happened after that. 

My prayer is that God will direct this post out to where I can make contact with them again. 

2 comments:

  1. I saw your message looking for some old information. I flew for Chaparral from 1984-1988. Mary Cotten (now Aguere) was still there and was 5 years past that. Other pilots there were Kerwin Rorie (went to American), Phil Crawford (American,medical retire), Louis Way (unkown), Dan Brown (American) Gary Krupala (United), Dan Forbes (unknown), Bill Davis (transferred to DFW with the move, retired), Steve Zeigler (Deceased). Without looking at log books I cannot remember the older captains and the others you wouldn't know, nor would you know me.
    God Bless,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a mechanic there from 81 -83.

    ReplyDelete