Thursday, December 30, 2010

Today 12-30-10 Thursday

Okay so I couldn't come up with a title for this blog entry so the above will just have to do.  I've had my blogs open several times today and although I have a lot on my mind, the peace inside me is great, but I couldn't decide what to write. 

I have been thinking back about all the things that have happened this year and still can't quite get my head around some of it.  As I look towards the new year, I know several things I would like to accomplish.  A reader suggested I step out in faith and commit myself to God and He will fulfill my hearts desires and care for me.  I know this is true... but I have been thinking about that ever since I read it.  My hearts desires? 
Do I truly know what those are?  I'm not sure.  I've been doing a lot of research in the bible, talking to my pastor, an evangelist, and the pastor husband of one of my blogging friends.  Two have answered an email I sent and I am waiting for the response from the other, but I am pretty positive, that I will receive the same answer from Pastor Josh as I have from the others.  What am I going to do with the information?  Nothing.  It confirms my beliefs as a Baptist.  I am a Baptist because the doctrine of the Baptist follows closely to the New Testament Church it talks about in the Trail of Blood.  I am secure in what I believe.  Everyone is entitled to believe however they choose.  If you are a child of God, you believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin under the law, died for our sins and rose 3 days later and now sits on the right hand of the father.  I await His return with open arms and a heart full of love and the desire to do what He wants of me. 

There are many things I want to do, but most of all I just want to live one day at a time, worship God, teach others and live happily with my husband Norman.  I am going to sit and think about my heart's desires and I am going to right them down.  My husband and I have been discussing doing something to help churches and missions in the state of Texas to help others reach those that are lost.  I know that God will point us in the right direction.

Now for the human side of me, the mortal that I am, I realized this morning that I need to lose at least 30 pounds.  I gained 10 pounds when I met my husband and I was 10 pounds away from my goal weight.  I have gain another 10 pounds in the 5 years we have been together.  So one of my goals for this year and I mean the beginning of this year is to lose all that.  I would like to have that done prior to our Vow renewal ceremony on 4/2/11. 

I guess that is it for now.  May God Bless you all!  Thanks for reading and why not subscribe to one of my blogs.... I try to share the human side of me, the dog lover in me, the Christian me, and the writer me.  I think you will probably find something you like in one of them. 

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment