Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Couple of Thoughts I wanted to Share

First Thought

My Mom was down here this last week and I got to visit and have coffee with her.  I really miss that!  Hopefully in the next year I will be where I can do that on a regular basis.  My Mom, Julia or Jude, as she has been known most of her life, stayed with my daughter Caity.  That is my daughter's nickname.  Her full name is Lauren Brianna Caitlyn Shipley Woods.  She will get upset when she reads this because if i call her Caitlyn, she will tell me that is not her name, but it is because that is what I had put on her birth certificate. 


Okay so I went off on a tangent, but I'm back.  Anyway, we are going to Denton on Christmas Eve to be with my family.  We drew names this year between the adults except for my mom.  That way, we buy for one person, plus our kids, and then of course my mom.  I wasn't sure I like the idea at first, but it works good and thank God because we cannot afford to buy gifts for everyone nor do I have time to make gifts for everyone, although I am trying, and I don't have to feel guilty for not being able to get family gifts. 

I'm have been married for almost five years and I'm not sure what the Christmas present program is at my in laws.  We have been trying to buy for my Mother in law and Step Father in law, and then we were buying for his siblings, and his kids.  That was not possible last year, nor will it be this year.  Parents are bought for no matter what because without them, there would be no us.  So I am trying to decide what to get our parents.  I have a few thought, but have not fully decided.   I still have a couple of weeks, right????

Second Thought

My favorite things in life are animals, writing, and teaching.  My goal for this coming year is to do all of that and I think it is definitely foreseeable.  My sister, Ann or Julia, or I use to call her Sissy, but she made me stop after I started to school, is about to see her dream come true.  You can read about it at http://www.rememberwhenranch.com/.  She has a place for Norman and I if we want it.  I do without a doubt.  We will have a house of our own, and work if we want it.  I know this is a good step for us.  We will have to move to Gunter, Texas, but I will be close to my Mom, and a lot closer to my daughter and son in law who are moving to Keller or that general area.   Although my husband has said he will move, I feel like he is holding back.  We love each other and I just want us to be happy, not stressed over money or work.  He can work on the ranch there or he can continue to do siding if he wants.  But it would be a place where we don't have to worry about paying rent, or utilities or buying groceries or having gas money.  I have been praying for God to show us the direction we need to go, and I think this is it.  Now I need to pray that He will show my husband as well.  God Bless you all

No comments:

Post a Comment