Monday, December 20, 2010

Only Four More days!

We are spending Christmas Eve in Denton with my family and I am so excited!!!  I'm making cookies today for the kids and some of the grownups and I'm finishing up Christmas presents for my husband's side of the family.  I'm trying to make cookies for the kids there too, but don't know if I have enough time with the size of the family on the Farnsworth side, but I am going to do my best.

I haven't been excited about Christmas in about four years.  The stress always gets to me because I can't seem to get everything done that I need to do and I'm so tired by the time it is over, I just pass out....

On December 31st this year, it will have been one year since I've had any kind of alcoholic beverage to drink and I think that is something to be proud of...  It is not that I am an alcoholic, but there were times when I didn't think I could relax without something alcoholic.  However, I made a promise to my husband that when we got married I would quit.  It has taken me a while, but I am there. 

Anyway, back to Christmas Eve... my niece went through rehab this year and has been transferred to a half way house and I will get to see her on Christmas Eve for the first time in about nine months.  She has finally gotten her life straightened out and I'm so very proud of her!!!  She can only visit from seven am to seven pm on Christmas Eve, and I want to get there sometime between ten and twelve so that I can spend some time with her.  I love her very much!!

Anyway, I know we will be a little sad this year too, because this is the first Christmas without my dad.  However we have lots of memories and things from the years that will make us laugh and smile. 

Hey Mom do you remember the year we dropped the ham or was it a turkey taking it out of the oven????  We laughed for hours!  Anyway, I know we will have a good time, and next year we won't have to travel at all on Christmas Eve.  We will all be together.  I can't wait!  I told my husband this morning that next year we are taking the week of Christmas off!!!!

God Bless you all and Remember that Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!  Happy New Year!

Love, L

No comments:

Post a Comment