Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Life is Good; God is Awesome

This is the first time in days that I have actually felt like blogging.  Life sometimes seems so overwhelming, but if we will let Him, God will see us through everything. 

We all have talents that we are given by God. It may takes us a while to figure them out, but they are there, and mine even though nothing big has happened is writing. 

I've been writing as a free lancer for over a year now and I love it, but it is not always easy to do.  Subjects that I don't have a lot of knowledge on, are difficult to write about, even when you research your subject.  The pay is another thing!  You can pour your heart into an article but it may only pay $1.00 to 2.00 for 500 words or more.  Now I'm not saying that is bad, but to make a $100.00 a week at it, really takes time and devotion and sometimes more than eight hours a day.  So if you are willing to sacrifice the time, and you get really good, your pay will go up, but it may take a while. 

The other thing is this, what you write never appears in your name.  I'm really okay with that for the most part, but sometimes the articles I write hit close to home and I would love to receive the acknowledgement that I wrote that, especially when I know it is an excellent article. 

Inspiration comes from all kinds of things and places.  Some times it is a memory of something bad that has happened in your life, something good that has happened or it could be a quote you hear or a movie you see or a song from the radio.  That is what happened to me in this last week!  The inspiration for a book came from a movie I saw about an ordinary person and something very ordinary in that person's life. 

So this week I'm using that inspiration and looking at how I can get it done.  I'm not giving out any information on what the inspiration said to do, but I know it was definitely a sign from God and I want to do everything possible, using my talent, to make it a reality and not just an inspiration.

Search for your talent.  Look for inspiration and then put your talent to use for God.  My journey has been long and it is no way near complete. 

May you all have a God Filled day.

No comments:

Post a Comment