Friday, July 16, 2010

The End of the Week - July 16, 2010 - Friday

I am out of topics to post today, so I thought I would just write about today and how right life is for us.  It is Friday, and I have been up since 5:00am.  Why might you ask?  Well I have quiet time with God in the mornings and it starts as soon as I have a cup of coffee in my hand, dogs have their morning cookies and I get the computer started. 

I journal every day and that is part of my Road to Recovery.  (See my blog:  http://livingbythewordofgod.blogspot.com) for more information on that, however, when I pray, I write as if I'm sending a letter to God.  It is easier for me to have a conversation with Him if I'm writing it. When I first started doing this, it was barely a page, now if I can get everything down in three or four pages, I'm lucky.  Once I finish my journaling, I clean out and answer my emails.  Then if I have time or if I'm not working at the church, I blog or catch up reading those I follow and then I usually visit my Facebook profile. 

Today I worked over at the church and I seemed to have renewed strength today.  It was one of the things I asked God for this morning, because I have not been sleeping and I'm exhausted.  (Again go visit the other blog). 

I had a great conversation with my cousin around lunch time and she is going to call back later I hope.  My husband left somewhere around 8:30 this morning and was on his way to Arlington about 10:45am.  Not sure when he will be home. 

The rest of the day I have spent mowing, cleaning, laundry and was going to mop but alas, I need double A batteries for my wetjet. 

Next Saturday the 24th is my husband's birthday.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do for him yet.  He will be 59.  I thank God everyday that he gave me Norman.  I'm glad I waited to get married and even though we have had some very rough spots and times, we love each other very much and he takes excellent care of me. 

I have supper ready to go once I know he is on his way home, and we received our first two netflix movies today.  We got a free trial and I think it will be good.  We will be able to catch up on some movies.

If you get the chance there is a blog I want to recommend.  The author is a friend and I did some freelance writing for her.  I think I might be old enough to be her mother.  She is the wife of a Southern Baptist Preacher and I love her blog.  She is very honest and open and we share the same beliefs.  She has been a great support over the last year and half.  Take a minute and check out her blog:  http://www.strivingfor31.com/, you will be blessed.

I hope you all have a God Filled weekend, and I hope you are doubly blessed by God this week.

Love,
L

1 comment:

  1. You are a total blessing to me and I am just praying that God will "bless your socks off!" in the weeks to come as you keep seeking Him and His plans for you life.

    Love you sister!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete