Sunday, September 12, 2010

Amazed

Sometimes I look at my life and I'm amazed and what it turned out like.... I have a wonderful husband, a super daughter, wonderful step children, and a family both by blood and by marriage that I love.  As we are growing up, we all have dreams of getting married, having a family, a house, and much, much more but as young girls and boys, you don't really understand what all that encompasses.  You don't think about the in laws that you get when you get married, or the additional sisters and brothers or if you marry someone that was or has been married before, you get step-children, and in some cases, step-grandchildren. 

Although my relationship with my step children is not anything like I had hoped, I am hoping that God will help us to heal the hurts and have a better relationship this year and the years to come.  My husband and I would both like to be a part of their lives.  I've been praying for healing in those relationships and maybe, hoping it will happen soon only God knows. 

Sometimes, it is very hard stepping in to a family where children are grown and have lives of their own.  For me, it was my first marriage and I guess I really expected more, and it didn't quite turn out that way, probably my fault but I am willing to fix the issues.  Some times our imaginations take over and then when things don't happen quite like we think, we get a little disappointed and I think that applies to both my husband and myself.

I know that God will help us heal any hurts that we may have caused with family.  I'm hoping that family will allow us to make those amends and have a relationship in the future.  God has done wonderful things in our lives over the last year and half.  I'm looking forward to what He has in store for us in the future, but right now I'm happy living one day at a time, doing His will, in His service, where ever that maybe doing whatever He wants us to do.  Have a God Filled Day!  May you be blessed Abundantly in all things you seek, when you seek His face, His guidance, His will and His wisdom.  Love, L.

No comments:

Post a Comment