Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Today Marks the End of First Session

Today marks the end of the first 7.5 weeks of school.  It has been an awesome experience and I can't wait to start the next session.  I've already talked to Amy, my Academic Adviser about next semester and have already applied for financial aid to go with my pell grant.  My next session I only have one class or course.  It is called Comm 150, which is Research Strategies for a Digital age plus. 

I have also started working with Career Services, Jodi, is my contact and she is helping to redo my resume, gave me some job search sites and will help me the most that she can with job placement.  It is a little different because I am not on campus, but she is still there for assistance and I plan to take advantage of everything the school has to offer. 

On a more personal level, I am really tired the last few days and have not felt up to par, but I'm okay.  My husband is working as many small jobs as possible so that we can make ends meet. We are not behind on anything but one bill.  Groceries are not a concern because our freezer is well stocked.  We are sticking to our budget and it is working well.  I will however, be eternally grateful when I can get a job with my new schooling. 

I wish you all a glorious and God filled day.  I've already talked to Him a couple of times and will probably do so more as the day goes by.  Especially until the AC guy gets here.

Love, L

No comments:

Post a Comment