Thursday, April 7, 2011

Next Semester

I AM SO PUMPED!!!!!

I had my call with my academic advisor this morning, and I was very nervous before the call, but felt so much better about things after I talked to her.  I am only considered part time this session.  I have one class next session, so I will still be spending about 3 hours or so a day on the computer for school.  However, it is one class instead of two.  FYE is not considered a full time course and as such should only take about 2 hours a week to do what is necessary for the class. 

So next semester, because I want to get my degree finished as quick as possible, I'm going 3/4 time.  That means I will have two full classes for the first 7.5 weeks, and one the following session or the last 7.5 weeks.  I was also approved for a Pell grant this time, and will get student loans for what that does not cover.  Registration for the next semester is the end of April first of May, and then next semester starts on June 22. 

It was funny sort of, Amy Stokes, my academic advisor asked how it was going.  I told her all was okay, but I still had some of the fear factor that I would be able to accomplish my goal.  She asked if it was my classes or did I not understand something.  I told her that if you get right down to the crux of the problem, I felt it was my age.  I told her I felt like I was the oldest in the class.  She laughed and said not at all.  That the majority of the classes online are professionals in jobs or people that are returning for degrees or changing professions.  She said very few online students are those right out of high school.  That made me feel a lot better. 

So I have a small break during session 1 and 2, but I'm going to use it to read  ahead in my book, and to review math.  I do have one more math class but it probably will not be until 3rd semester, which starts in October.  Thank God I have a great support group of family and friends.  Otherwise I probably would still be wobbling on whether or not to do this!  I'm going to try to get my degree as quickly as possible.  So please keep supporting me and praying for me.

Love, L

No comments:

Post a Comment