Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back to Corporate America

I have shared a lot on my blog over the last month.  I've shared our anxiety of not having work, not being able to pay bills and worry over if we were going to have a place to live.  I've filled out job application after job application and had no calls.  However, after much prayer and thanking God for all the things He does for us, I received a job offer from my old company sort of.  I start work for them on Thursday, the 16th as a contract or temporary employee.  It is for a group move and it is a two hour drive for me to go to work and a two hour drive for me to get home.  It's okay though!  I know it is temporary and this will give my husband time to find a regular job, not one that depends on good weather and a good economy.  He and I are both going to try to work for awhile at regular jobs and get caught up, paid off, and buy us a permanent place to live. 

I changed my school schedule to accommodate my working full time.  Until we get to where we don't need me to work full time, I will only go to school part time.  Yes it will take longer for me to get my degree, but it is okay and will pay off in the long run.  I'm also taking a free basic bookkeeping class that hopefully will brush up my knowledge enough that I can get something in an accounting department or for a company, doing basic bookkeeping once the full time work is gone in Addison.  Either way, I know that God heard our pleas and has answered one of our many prayers.

Life is going to be a little different and it will take some adjusting, but what we have received from God and what we are able to do is beyond what we had hoped.  So although we aren't out of the woods, we can see the clearing and God is smiling upon us and blessing us constantly.  Thank you God.  Thank you for our friends, family and your Church.  We couldn't have made it the last two weeks without any of it and especially without you. 

Love, L

2 comments:

  1. I admire your faith and perseverance. Keep up the hard work and it will all pay off in the end. I have a degree in accounting and information systems, there is a lot you can do in accounting, so good luck.

    You talk a lot about your faith in God and how he is blessing you so much, good for you. I've been having a lot of thoughts about religion lately, but not so much in the direction you are going... I read a few posts - keep up the hard work and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got lots of information by your post. Everything define in this post very beautiful way. You should continue do this type of post.

    ReplyDelete