Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teacher and Everything Else

Okay so today was a Teacher's in service day and we were off premises, which is nice, because on the three days I don't teach, I still clean at the church.  Anyway, we went over curriculum, lesson plans, centers, PE, Music, Science, Story Time/Safety Lesson, and Bible Study.  I'm the only one not certified, but I don't have to be at the Day school.  I am hoping that God will use this time to show me if teaching is something I need to pursue or not and if it is, I want to be certified. 

I was so overwhelmed with things.  We are at school from 7:30 to 3:30 on Tuesday and Thursdays.  I'm excited, nervous, anxious, happy, scared... (I know it is 3 year olds...What do I have to be scared of???) Anyway, I will have eight little children that I get to teach how to write their names, count, learn all the pledges, the calendar, the alphabet... and the list goes on.  My husband says this is my practice for being a grandma.  He says I have so much love in my heart that I need to share it with all those little kids. 

I feel kind of like a fish out of water, but I know it will be okay, because God is going to be there every step of the way.  I love that I'm at a school where it's okay to talk about Jesus, God, The bible, and we even pray in the mornings, before snack and before lunch.

Thursday will be getting our rooms set up for the kids.  Monday night is open house, and then the first day of school is August 31st.  Whew Hoo!!!!!!  Tomorrow I get some one on one training and help with my lesson plan.  I'm having a difficult time getting the logistics but I know it will all come together. 

I hope that as a Christian I will be able to impact some of these peoples lives, as a mother and grandmother I get to share my love with the children while teaching them to write and count.  I can't wait!!!!

May you all be truly Blessed by God.  Impact a small person's life if you get the chance.  You may be the difference they need.

1 comment:

  1. pst..just a heads up. you aren't the only one not certified. ;) So take a deep breath..and let it goooo! love ya!

    ReplyDelete